We are looking for you Technical Project Manager
PI (Physik Instrumente), LP is the world leader in high precision positioning systems: Nano Positioning, Micro Positioning, Precision Motion and Automation Systems. Our product lines include piezoelectric-based nanopositioners, motorized stepper and servo stages, and linear motor stages. Our customers are the leading OEM’s and researchers in high tech fields such as semiconductor, photonics, biomedical, aerospace, astronomy, metrology, scientific instrumentation, and scientific research in microscopy and beam lines.
Our culture is open, transparent, enthusiastic with a general curiosity to solve emerging science and technology challenges. If you have an open, inquiring mind and like to develop solutions for first generation problems, you will be right at home.
We have a front-row-seat to innovation. Our customers are building the future generation of earth changing technologies. Our products help build products that everyone has or knows. We are a purposeful organization, and we collaborate to solve our customers' problems. Our engineering helps build success with our customers.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager to help us achieve our next level of growth. We will reach this level by increasing our effectiveness, improving our methods of internal and external customer engagement. The Technical Project Manager will own the process improvement to help us better serve our customers, which drives our growth. This role will be based in our Hopkinton, MA Office.
What You Will Do:
- Oversee the customer engagement process; defining the scope, goals, and deliverables that support both client and business objectives.
- Transfer the customer engagement process into product design and development deliverables from idea to user acceptance.
- Manages product design working within a matrix of internal, external, and overseas stakeholders to insure effective project/program delivery.
- Provides technical leadership and team direction to help achieve goals.
- Leads the bi-directional customer communication with internal team, in an agile, iterative approach that insures on-target product release and customer acceptance.
- Maintain a record of and drive to completion action items and issues.
- Manges the selection and implementation of tools, methods, and improvements to achieve business objectives.
- Manages the project resource allocation of all stakeholders; internal, customer and third parties.
- Builds and manages the project plan to insure deliverables on-time, on-scope and on-budget.
- Reviews the project time-lines and communicates risks of execution to all stakeholders.
- Manages and runs timely stakeholder communication meetings to update projects statue and deliverables.
- Measures ongoing project performance using or implementing appropriate tools and techniques.
- Documents the project scope, timeline, and costs and communicates all variances.
- Maintains or overseas all project documentation including, build, audit and standard work improvement, value stream mapping and other assigned processes.
- Builds an opportunity matrix that details action plans, feedback loops, and assures achievement of business objectives.
- Manages the customer relationship and is leads communication with stakeholders.
- Manages any changes in scope and coordinates change orders and project cost updates with the customer.
What Have You Done:
- BS or Master’s in Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics or another related field
- 5-10 years relevant experience working with a Manufacturer delivering a complex product to a technical customer base.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- The ideal candidate would have experience in precision motion control or industrial automation. Experience building capital equipment is a bonus
- Exception organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to travel, less than 20% is anticipated.
- PMP certification a plus.
What We Provide:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA PPO medical plan with HSA.
- Dental and vision insurance.
- LTD & Life insurance.
- 401k with a generous company match.
- Paid time off includes holiday, vacation and sick leave.
PI (Physik Instrumente), LP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Employment is dependent on the results of an initial drug test and background check. We are open to reasonable accommodation – please contact us at HR@pi-usa.us for consideration.
We are not providing work authorization or sponsorship for this opportunity.