We are looking for you Internship - Mechanical Engineering - Entry Level
PI (Physik Instrumente), LP is the world leader in high precision positioning systems: Nano Positioning, Micro Positioning, Precision Motion and Automation Systems. Our product lines include piezoelectric-based nanopositioners, motorized stepper and servo stages, and linear motor stages. Our customers are the leading OEM’s and researchers in high tech fields such as semiconductor, photonics, biomedical, aerospace, astronomy, metrology, scientific instrumentation, and scientific research in microscopy and beam lines.
Our culture is open, transparent, enthusiastic with a general curiosity to solve emerging science and technology challenges. If you have an open, inquiring mind and like to develop solutions for first generation problems, you will be right at home. We are pioneers by nature; quite frequently, we are creating or building a device that will be applied for the first time, for a process that will be leveraged for an entire marketplace.
We have a front-row-seat to innovation. Our customers are building the future generation of earth changing technologies. Our products help build products that everyone has or knows. We are a purposeful organization, and we collaborate to solve our customers' problems. Our engineering helps build success with our customers.
We have an immediate opening for an Internship - Mechanical Engineering - Entry Level for currently enrolled students who are self-directed and ambitious, seeking a hands-on entry-level role. The Internship - Mechanical Engineering - Entry Level will be based in our Hopkinton MA location, supporting manufacturing operations.
What You Will Do:
- This is a paid internship and could be a full or part time temporary role.
- Our ideal candidate will be enrolled in school, enjoy building mechanical and electrical things and looking for a start to a career in manufacturing engineering.
- This is a hands-on role designed to introduce you to our very cool instruments and technology.
- Intended for students who love to build mechanical things.
- You will work on a variety of engineering type projects including building instruments and assisting our team with research and implementation for special projects.
What Have You Done:
- 0 years of experience. We will provide hands on training for the right candidate.
- US Citizen or Green Card required – evidence of permanent ability to live and work in the US is an employment contingency for this position.
- Vocational school in engineering technology or metal fabrication highly desirable.
- Must love to build mechanical things.
- Coursework or specialization in technical school, mechanics, or mechanical engineering will strengthen your candidacy.
- Hours are flexible, 25-40 hours a week.
- All work needs to be conducted during our normal business hours of 8 am – 5 pm Monday to Friday.
PI (Physik Instrumente), LP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Employment is dependent on the results of an initial drug test and background check. We are open to reasonable accommodation – please contact us at HR@pi-usa.us for consideration.
We are not currently providing work authorization or sponsorship for this opportunity.