We are looking for you Machine Shop Manager
PI (Physik Instrumente), LP is the world leader in high precision positioning systems: Nano Positioning, Micro Positioning, Precision Motion and Automation Systems. Our product lines include piezoelectric-based nano positioners, motorized stepper and servo stages, and linear motor stages. Our customers are the leading OEM’s and researchers in high tech fields such as semiconductor, photonics, biomedical, aerospace, astronomy, metrology, scientific instrumentation, and scientific research in microscopy and beam lines.
Our culture is open, transparent, enthusiastic with a general curiosity to solve emerging science and technology challenges. If you have an open, inquiring mind and like to develop solutions for first generation problems, you will be right at home. We are pioneers by nature; quite frequently, we are creating or building a device that will be applied for the first time, for a process that will be leveraged for an entire marketplace.
We have a front-row-seat to innovation. Our customers are building the future generation of earth changing technologies. Our products help build products that everyone has or knows. We are a purposeful organization, and we collaborate to solve our customers' problems. Our engineering helps build success with our customers.
We have an immediate opening for a Machine Shop Manager to support supervision and daily management of our Nashua, New Hampshire production facility.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for supervision and daily management of the New Hampshire production facility, which includes a CNC machine shop and a precision grinding shop.
- Oversee a team of 12 production workers, providing guidance, coaching, and performance feedback to ensure optimal productivity and efficiency.
- Plan and organize production schedules to meet customer demands, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Monitor production processes, identify areas for improvement, and implement corrective actions to maximize efficiency and reduce waste.
- Empowered to make daily decisions required to support ongoing operations, production scheduling and planning.
- Manage releases of new jobs and into the production system, directing resource allocation and daily work plans.
- Lead personnel hiring, development, retention, and training.
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineering and product engineering to develop best practices, fixtures, tooling, and measurement tools and techniques.
- Ensure applicable product quality, ISO9001 policies, and workplace environmental, health and safety (EH&S) requirements are met
- Maintain daily / weekly /monthly production reports for cost tracking, on-time delivery, cost per part, defects, and other KPI’s.
- Collaborate with facilities manager on equipment acquisitions, maintenance, upgrades, and physical layout of work cells.
- Drive productivity with a focus on process improvements, efficiency, and utilization.
- Foster a positive work environment, encourage teamwork, and resolve conflicts or issues that arise among production personnel.
What Have You Done:
- Ideal candidate has 15+ years direct experience in a machine shop environment with demonstrated leadership and organizational abilities.
- Familiarity with ISO9001 and Lean Manufacturing practices are required.
- Expertise with Haas CNC machine tools and/or Studer CNC cylindrical grinders is a plus. Experience with the implementation and use of shop floor management software is a bonus, especially if with Fulcrum.
What We Provide:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA PPO medical plan with HSA.
- Dental and vision insurance.
- LTD & Life insurance.
- 401k with a generous company match.
PI (Physik Instrumente), LP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Employment is dependent on the results of an initial drug test and background check. We are open to reasonable accommodation – please contact us at HR@pi-usa.us for consideration.
We are not currently providing work authorization or sponsorship for this opportunity.