We are looking for you Parts Handler and Local Driver
Parts Handler and Local Driver at Nashua NH based precision machine shop. Experienced candidates also considered. Valid driver's license and clean driving record are required. This position is generally conducted during normal business hours of Monday to Friday between the hours of 8 am - 5 pm.
Description & Key Responsibilities
Parts Handler and Local Driver will assist with duties such cleaning and preparing parts for plating & packaging, drive and deliver and pick-up parts to suppliers in NH and MA (company provides vehicle). Ideal opportunity for someone interested in the advanced manufacturing industry. You will have your hands on many parts of the functioning of the business and learn about multiple disciplines (grinding, machining, and engineering) and contribute to the overall functioning of the business.
Regular duties will include:
- Part deburring/cleaning. Candidate will use files and industrial solvents regularly.
- Part handling in and out of the facility for plating
- Part labeling and inventory management
- Part inspection on receipt or return from external suppliers
- Ability to follow instructions and protocols
- Transport (driving) of materials 3 days/week to locations primarily within NH and MA
- Provide as needed administrative support for business operations
- Follow 5S and lean manufacturing principles and practices in an ISO 9001 manufacturing environment.
Our ideal candidate as a Parts Handler and Local Driver would be an entry level candidate or someone with office or manufacturing experience.
- Required: High school diploma or GED
- Clean driving record
- Valid driver's license
- High level of comfort using computer systems and Microsoft Office software
- Physical ability to lift up to 60 pounds, pack and ship boxes, drive company vehicle across state lines on a regular basis without scheduling conflicts.
Note: Valid driver's license and clean driving record are a requirement for this position. Selected candidate will be required to furnish us a copy of a state issued driving record (from DOT) prior to beginning employment.
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Have strong working knowledge of advanced manufacturing concepts and strategies (gained through experience or training)
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Work self-sufficiently with minimal supervision.
Important for All Applicants