We are looking for you Assistant Buyer - Industrial Automation
PI (Physik Instrumente), LP is the world leader in high precision positioning systems: Nano Positioning, Micro Positioning, Precision Motion and Automation Systems. Our product lines include piezoelectric-based nano positioners, motorized stepper and servo stages, and linear motor stages. Our customers are the leading OEM’s and researchers in high tech fields such as semiconductor, photonics, biomedical, aerospace, astronomy, metrology, scientific instrumentation, and scientific research in microscopy and beam lines.
Our culture is open, transparent, enthusiastic with a general curiosity to solve emerging science and technology challenges. If you have an open, inquiring mind and like to develop solutions for first generation problems, you will be right at home. We are pioneers by nature; quite frequently, we are creating or building a device that will be applied for the first time, for a process that will be leveraged for an entire marketplace.
We have a front-row-seat to innovation. Our customers are building the future generation of earth changing technologies. Our products help build products that everyone has or knows. We are a purposeful organization, and we collaborate to solve our customers' problems. Our engineering helps build success with our customers.
We have an immediate opening for and Assistant Buyer to responsible for the procurement of materials and equipment to support our manufacturing operations. The Assistant Buyer is a full-time salaried position, Monday – Friday 8am-5pm based at our Hopkinton, MA location.
What You Will Do:
- Work with engineering and manufacturing personnel to define procurement requirements for materials and equipment.
- Plan, schedule, and manage the materials for delivering time-critical components to production operations.
- Negotiate best pricing and terms and delivery to meet production schedules.
- Verify receipt of materials and authorize payment to vendors.
- Administer and reconcile the company credit card purchasing program.
- Follow 5S and lean manufacturing principles and practices in an ISO 9001 manufacturing environment.
- Create Purchase Orders; maintain accurate open PO lines to define inbound quantities and due dates from suppliers.
- Track material shortages and expedite as needed with suppliers.
- Track material flow and cost for all suppliers to ensure on-time delivery and adherence to budget.
- Track costs and delivery performance by supplier.
- Manage suppliers in accordance with ISO-9001 quality program.
- Monitor inventory levels on an ongoing basis and coordinate annual physical inventory count.
- Manage Kanban inventory systems.
What Have You Done:
- Experience in purchasing for a manufacturing environment.
- Education: High School degree or equivalent, Vocational or Associates Degree Preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills is required.
- Ability to cooperate with others in a team effort to achieve quality, safety and productivity goals with your strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written).
- Experience working in a high technology, high complexity, and low volume environment is desired.
- Experience with electro-mechanical systems, industrial equipment, industrial automation, machinery a plus.
- Familiarity with ERP/MRP systems is a plus.
What We Provide:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA PPO medical plan with HSA.
- Dental and vision insurance.
- LTD & Life insurance.
- 401k with a generous company match.
(Physik Instrumente), LP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Employment is dependent on the results of an initial drug test and background check. We are open to reasonable accommodation – please contact us at HR@pi-usa.us for consideration.
We are not currently providing work authorization or sponsorship for this opportunity.