We are looking for you Application Sales Engineer
PI (Physik Instrumente), LP is the world leader in high precision positioning systems: Nano Positioning, Micro Positioning, Precision Motion and Automation Systems. Our product lines include piezoelectric-based nano positioners, motorized stepper and servo stages, and linear motor stages. Our customers are the leading OEM’s and researchers in high tech fields such as semiconductor, photonics, biomedical, aerospace, astronomy, metrology, scientific instrumentation, and scientific research in microscopy and beam lines.
Our culture is open, transparent, enthusiastic with a general curiosity to solve emerging science and technology challenges. If you have an open, inquiring mind and like to develop solutions for first generation problems, you will be right at home. We are pioneers by nature; quite frequently, we are creating or building a device that will be applied for the first time, for a process that will be leveraged for an entire marketplace.
We have a front-row-seat to innovation. Our customers are building the future generation of earth changing technologies. Our products help build products that everyone has or knows. We are a purposeful organization, and we collaborate to solve our customers' problems. Our engineering helps build success with our customers.
We have an immediate opening for an Application Sales Engineer to grow our business with OEM, Industrial and Research customers on the East Coast. The Application Sales Engineer will be based in Auburn MA, Headquarters.
What You Will Do:
- Develop a strong understanding of the PI product portfolio to offer creative solutions to customers.
- Achieve sales order and funnel growth within assigned accounts/territory.
- Follow-up on leads, answer technical questions and work with customers to help them design PI products into their instrumentation applications.
- Prepare and follow-up on quotations and offers, work with company resources to develop and coordinate technical responses to requests-for-quotes (RFQ).
- Track and drive the qualification and development of customer leads, contact results, and opportunities through CRM tool.
- Actively participate in team meetings, weekly trainings, and marketing events (ie. trade shows and seminars).
What Have You Done:
- BS, MEng or MS degree in Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical or Physics is required.
- 3-5 years of Technical Sales achievement or sales support.
- Exceptional Learn and Be Curious nature, to learn our product line and offerings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with instrumentation, semiconductor, beam lines, microscopy, or similar field preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and MS Dynamics or experience with a CRM administering sales data for reporting purposes.
- Understanding of motion control, piezo-technology, photonics, or instrumentation is desirable.
- The ability to travel up to 10% travel, both domestic and international.
What We Provide:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA PPO medical plan with HSA.
- Dental and vision insurance.
- LTD & Life insurance.
- 401k with a generous company match.
PI (Physik Instrumente), LP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Employment is dependent on the results of an initial drug test and background check. We are open to reasonable accommodation – please contact us at HR@pi-usa.us for consideration.
We are not providing work authorization or sponsorship for this opportunity.