We are looking for you Mechanical Assembly Technician
The Mechanical Assembly Technician will work in our advanced manufacturing assembly department. This is a full time role, Monday-Friday, 7am-3:30pm. In this role you will be responsible for the build and assembly of precision machinery, automation systems, and motion control systems. Experience assembling high-precision mechanical systems and machinery is a requirement of this position. Candidates with electrical experience strongly preferred.
- Employment is dependent on the results of an initial drug test and background check.
PI offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA PPO medical plan with HSA
- Dental and vision insurance
- LTD & Life insurance
- 401k with a generous company match
- Paid time off including: holiday, vacation and sick leave
- Biweekly pay (every other Friday)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Electro-Mechanical Assembly Technician
- Mechanical assembly and testing of machinery and devices requiring precision alignments and measurements, in accordance with 2D and 3D assembly drawings and written procedures.
- Diagnose and repair problems with product returned from the field
- Propose and implement process and equipment improvements to reduce cost, increase efficiency and improve safety conditions
- Support production activities as required to achieve the goals or the entire department
- Cross-train other technicians to perform similar tasks
- Report failures and defects via company quality processes
- Ability to cooperate with others in a team effort to achieve quality, safety and productivity goals
- Ability to work overtime to meet production schedule as needed
- Mentor other Technicians in the areas of assembly, troubleshooting, and testing products
- Collaborate with Advanced Manufacturing Engineering on fixture development, process improvements, corrective actions, and any other measures needed to drive continuous improvement within the group.
- Follow 5S and lean manufacturing principles and practices in an ISO 9001 manufacturing environment.
Education & Experience for Electro-Mechanical Assembly Technician
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Associate’s Degree or certificate in a technical discipline in electronics, mechanical, or related technologies is preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills & Requirements for Electro-Mechanical Assembly Technician
- Strong oral and written communication and organizational skills
- Must be capable of completing assembly and test records for regulatory and quality control requirements
- Ability to read schematics and technical drawings
- Ability to perform complex mechanical tasks and perform precision alignments and measurements
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work activities
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot complex electro-mechanical and pneumatic systems
- Ability to mentor and train other employees
- US Citizen or Green Card required – evidence of permanent ability to live and work in the US is an employment contingency for this position.
- Automotive experience desirable but not required
Any offer of employment is dependent on the results of an initial drug test and background check.
PI Physik Instrumente, LP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities