We are looking for you Sales Support Engineer
High Tech global manufacturing and engineering company, located in Irvine, CA, has an immediate opening for a customer facing, outgoing, and motivated technical Sales Support Engineer to grow our business with OEM, Industrial and Research customers on the West Coast.
As a Sales Support Engineer you will
- Follow-up on leads, answer technical questions and work with customers to help them design PI products into their instrumentation applications.
- Prepare and follow-up on quotations and offers, work with company resources to develop and coordinate technical responses to RfQs.
- Track and drive the qualification and development of customer leads, contact results, and opportunities through CRM tool.
- Develop a strong understanding of the PI product portfolio to offer creative solutions to customers.
- Achieve sales order and funnel growth within assigned accounts/territory.
- Actively participate in team meetings, weekly trainings and marketing events (ie. trade shows and seminars).
Additional details for Sales Support Engineer:
- Approximately 10% travel is expected in this position, domestic and international.
- Must have 3-5 years of technical sales support experience.
- Minimum education required: BS Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical or Physics.
- Employment is dependent on the results of an initial drug test and background check.
PI offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA PPO medical plan with HSA
- Dental and vision insurance
- LTD & Life insurance
- 401k with a generous company match
- Paid time off including: holiday, vacation and sick leave
- Biweekly pay (every other Friday)
Education & Experience for Sales Support Engineer:
- BS or MS required: BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Physics.
- Controls or systems experience desirable.
- 3-5 years of Technical Sales experience is preferred.
- Natural curiosity and interest in learning required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of motion control, piezo-technology, photonics, or instrumentation is desirable
- Experience with instrumentation, semiconductor, beam lines, microscopy, or similar field preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM software such as MS Dynamics
PI (Physik Instrumente) is the world leader in high precision positioning systems: Nano Positioning, Micro Positioning, 6 DOF Hexapods. Our product lines include piezoelectric-based nanopositioners, motorized stepper and servo stages, and linear motor stages. Our customers are the leading OEM’s and researchers in high tech fields such as semiconductor, photonics, biomedical, aerospace, astronomy, metrology, scientific instrumentation, and scientific research in microscopy and beam lines. https://www.pi-usa.us/en/
PI Physik Instrumente, LP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.