We are looking for you Field Sales Engineer - Research West
FIELD SALES ENGINEER – RESEARCH WEST
High Tech global manufacturing and engineering company, located in Auburn MA, has an immediate opening for a customer facing, outgoing, and motivated technical Field Sales Engineer to grow our business with Research and Aerospace customers in the Western United States.
As a Field Sales Engineer you will:
- Develop new business through lead follow up and active prospecting, as well as grow business at existing PI accounts.
- Build new and strengthen existing professional relationships with customer contacts at assigned accounts.
- Answer technical questions and work with customers to ensure a match between the customer need and company capabilities and help in the selection and design of PI products into their applications.
- Work with company technical resources to prepare and follow-up on quotations and offers, develop and coordinate technical responses to RFQs.
- Track and drive the qualification and development of customer leads, contact results, and opportunities through CRM tool.
- Develop a strong understanding of the PI product portfolio to offer creative solutions to customers.
- Achieve sales order and funnel growth within assigned territory.
- Actively participate in team meetings, weekly trainings and marketing events (i.e.. trade shows and seminars).
· Provide strategic insight regarding the needs and opportunities within the assigned territory. Feedback is expected on market intelligence and competitive positioning.
Additional details for Field Sales Engineer:
- Approximately 30-40% domestic travel is expected in this position with occasional international travel to PI’s Global Headquarters in Germany.
- Must have 3-5 years of technical sales support experience.
- Minimum education required: BS Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical or Physics.
- Employment is dependent on the results of an initial drug test and background check.
PI offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA PPO medical plan with HSA.
- Dental and vision insurance.
- LTD & Life insurance.
- 401k with a generous company match.
- Paid time off including: holiday, vacation and sick leave.
- Biweekly pay (every other Friday).
Education & Experience for Field Sales Engineer:
- BS or MS required: BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Physics.
- Controls or systems experience desirable.
- 3-5 years of Technical Sales experience is preferred.
- Natural curiosity and interest in learning required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of motion control, piezo-technology, photonics, or instrumentation is desirable.
- Experience in the field of photonics, instrumentation, beam lines, microscopy, or similar field preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM software such as MS Dynamics.
PI (Physik Instrumente) is the world leader in high precision positioning systems: Nano Positioning, Micro Positioning, 6 DOF Hexapods. Our product lines include piezoelectric-based nanopositioners, motorized stepper and servo stages, and linear motor stages. Our customers are the leading OEM’s and researchers in high tech fields such as semiconductor, photonics, biomedical, aerospace, astronomy, metrology, scientific instrumentation, and scientific research in microscopy and beam lines. https://www.pi-usa.us/en/
PI Physik Instrumente, LP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.