We are looking for you Technical Repair Service Manager
High Tech global manufacturing and engineering company specializing in high precision motion and automation systems, located in Auburn MA, has an immediate opening for a customer facing, experienced Technical Repair Service Manager. 20% travel is expected in this position, domestic and international.
The position has two main goals 1) provide excellent Customer Service directly with our technical customers and 2) to oversee a small team of 2 administrative and 2 engineering electro-mechanical repair technicians to assure quality of repairs and manage the RMA process.
- Must have experience in the motion/optics/mechanical engineering industry preferably as a technician or hands on engineer.
- Employment is dependent on the results of an initial drug test and background check.
PI offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA PPO medical plan with HSA
- Dental and vision insurance
- LTD & Life insurance
- 401k with a generous company match
- Paid time off including: holiday, vacation and sick leave
- Biweekly pay (every other Friday)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Technical Repair Service Manager.
This is a hands on technical role with the focus to provide exceptional customer service to our technical customers. It involves troubleshooting, diagnosing, and assisting with repair of our precision motion and automation instruments, and working internally with local technicians, engineers, and a global service team. An ideal background for this position would be a Field Service Engineer, Clinical Engineer or BMET III looking to get off the road and manage a small dynamic team.
- Communicating to global customer base across multiple time zones on all aspects of repair and service
- Provide estimates, negotiate pricing with customers and finalize invoices
- Create work orders, oversee RMA and repair processes, provide detailed repair reports when required
- Manage staff
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and be able to assist and troubleshoot with technicians and engineers when necessary
- Generate sales through repairs (reactive service)
- Support sales and field applications team for installations/trainings, service contracts, and calibrations (proactive service).
- Administer customer satisfaction surveys and provide feedback on areas of improvement to PI management.
Education & Experience for Technical Repair Service Manager.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related technical field. Minimum of 10 years of related technical work experience may be considered in lieu of formalized education.
- Candidates with minimum of 5 years of experience with technical customer relations or technical customer service.
About You and the Work:
- This is a mid-level management position with 2 administrative and 2 technical staff
- Proven leadership abilities, ability to solve problems in teams, patient and calm when working under pressure
- Software systems we use include: Microsoft Office. Jira for repair orders & ticketing. The ERP system we use is Infor. You will also utilize MS Dynamics which is our CRM.
- We have a lot of complicated Excel spreadsheets that are manually updated so using multiple sheets and being comfortable with formulas is important.
- Fluent user of standard office applications (Word, Excel, email).
- Fast learner of computer systems (ERP, JIRA, SQL database)
PI Physik Instrumente, LP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.