We are looking for you Electrical Assembly & Wiring Technician
The Electrical & Assembly Technician will work in our Air Bearing System Assembly department based in Hopkinton MA. This is a full time role, Monday-Friday, 7am-3:30pm. In this role you will be responsible for the assembly of electrical harnesses and electrical panels and cabinets.
- Employment is dependent on the results of an initial drug test, background check, and motor vehicle report (if applicable to the position)
PI offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA PPO medical plan with HSA
- Dental and vision insurance
- LTD & Life insurance
- 401k with a generous company match
- Paid time off including: holiday, vacation and sick leave
- Biweekly pay (every other Friday)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Electrical & Assembly Technician
- Soldering and crimping of small gauge wires.
- Assembly of electrical sub-panels and cabinets
- Assembly of wiring harnesses
- Propose and implement process and equipment improvements to reduce cost, increase efficiency and improve safety conditions
- Support production activities as required to achieve the goals or the entire department
- Cross-train other technicians to perform similar tasks
- Report failures and defects via company quality processes
- Ability to cooperate with others in a team effort to achieve quality, safety and productivity goals
- Ability to work overtime to meet production schedule as needed
- Mentor other Technicians in the areas of assembly, troubleshooting, and testing products
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering on fixture development, process improvements, corrective actions, and any other measures needed to drive continuous improvement within the group.
- Follow 5S and lean manufacturing principles and practices in an ISO 9001 manufacturing environment.
Education & Experience for Electrical & Assembly Technician
- High school diploma or equivalent is required, technical schooling in precision manufacturing preferred.
- US Citizen or Green Card required – evidence of permanent ability to live and work in the US is an employment contingency for this position.
- We will consider applicants of varying levels of experience.
Skills & Requirements for Electrical & Assembly Technician
- Ability to read and understand schematics and technical drawings
- Must be capable of completing assembly and test records for regulatory and quality control requirements
- Ability use standard hand tools, drills, etc.
- Proficient with hand crimp tools and making cables and/or harnesses
- Familiar with IPC/WHMA-A-620 Cable & Wiring Harness standards
- Familiar with standard D-subminiature connectors
- Familiar with machine and cabinet wiring.
- Can work with wires from 10-32awg
- Soldering experience is a must.
- Solder electrical components and small gauge wires.
- Soldering certificate is desirable
- Follow 5S and lean manufacturing principles and practices in an ISO 9001 manufacturing environment
- Strong oral and written communication and organizational skills
- Ability to mentor and train other employees