We are looking for you Field Application Engineer Photonics [m/f/d]
Are you passionate about technically sophisticated, complex products and do you enjoy working with customers on challenging applications? We are looking for you as "Field Service Engineer Photonics (m/f/d)" in our Eschbach location near Freiburg, Germany, (or at our headquarters in Karlsruhe). As an integral part of our Sales team, you understand customer requirements in photonics and develop suitable system solutions. Together, we work on pushing the boundaries of what is possible — day by day.
- You understand complex customer applications in the area of photonics and identify the application requirements for positioning systems
- You develop technical system solutions in close collaboration with the R&D department of our national and international locations
- You are responsible for setting up and operating systems for demonstration purposes of technical solutions to our customers as well as PI Sales employees
- You will establish yourself as a reliable specialist in your region and establish long-term relationships with important key customers
- You are responsible for starting up systems and carrying out trainings at the customer's site
- You work closely with Segment Marketing, Product Management, and our R&D units.
- An engineering / scientific degree
- Detailed application knowledge in photonics, which you acquired during tertiary education or in a former employment
- Experience with Matlab, Labview and/or Python
- Fluent in German and English
- Willingness to travel frequently within Europe and occasionally worldwide