We are looking for you Head of Piezo Drives and Systems Technology Center [m/f/d]
The Piezo Drives and Systems Technology Center has always played a pivotal role. The development of new, innovative piezoelectric actuators and motors, as well as systems and technologies that are based on them, plays a central role here – from the idea in the laboratory through to its implementation in future products for demanding customers in high-tech key technologies.
- Surrounded by a team of highly qualified and experienced colleagues, you will take on the content and strategic management of the Piezo Drives and Systems Technology Center in the field of high-precision nanopositioning systems with piezoceramic drive units.
- Within the scope of the global corporate strategy, you will define and manage the technological new and further development of piezo-based, mechatronic systems, and will provide the skills and resources required to do this within the PI Group.
- You will expand the Technology Center’s global presence to maintain and increase its market leadership in the field of high-precision nanopositioning systems.
- In close collaboration with Product Development within the PI-wide value streams, you will develop the drive technologies and control engineering systems of the future, as well as further data-based monitoring methods for our demanding customers and markets, e.g., the semiconductor industry, high-precision automation, or aerospace.
- You will be the expert that people contact with any technological issues and will expand the technological network within and outside of PI. In particular, you will develop research and industrial partnerships with public research institutions (universities, Fraunhofer Society, etc.), industrial partners, and key customers.
- You have a degree (Master, Bachelor, or Doctor of Engineering) in the field of Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or similar. A doctorate is also welcome
- You have already been successful in a similar leadership role and have experience of managing highly specialized experts in a relevant field
- You have extensive knowledge and experience of important markets, such as the semiconductor industry, automation, and medical technology, and you are able to identify and strategically evaluate technological trends at a very early stage by means of established networks
- You have already successfully identified many technological ideas and areas with potential, and have applied these in demanding customer projects
- Interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the company (e.g., with customers, Sales, Operations, Marketing, Service, etc.) is routine for you
- You are characterized by your initiative, conscientiousness, creativity, and reliability, as well as your wide range of professional skills
- You have a very good command of English and are willing to travel